Delta TechOps Aircraft Maintenance
1775 M H Jackson Service Road
Atlanta, GA 30354
The experienced technicians of 589 repair/support/calibrate:
- Engine Maintenance:
- Test Cell, Engine Tooling, Torque Multipliers, Balancers, Surface Preparation Equipment Blast and Peening, Plasma Spray, Waterstrip, Machine Shop Equipment,Heat Treat Ovens, Welders, Lifting Fixtures, Parts Cleaning preparation, FPI.
- Component Maintenance:
- Test Stands: Hydraulic, Fuel, Flow, Electrical, Vibration, Pneumatic, Torque, Temperature, Frequency, Harmonic Distortion, Displacement.
- Autoclave Systems, Aircraft Wheel Robot Torque System, Automated Cleaning Equipment, Surface Preparation Tanks. Machining Equipment, Trumph Stamping, 5 Axis Router System, Heat Treat Ovens, HeatCon Composite Systems
- Base Maintenance:
- Metal Shears, Brakes, Sanders, Drill Presses, Lifting Equipment.
- Material Logistics:
- Dematic Retriever System
- Tooling, Induction of PMET (calibrated/inspected) tooling, Chain Hoists, Cable and Chain Fishpole Hoists. Fall Restraint Systems, HeatCon Composite Systems. Rigging Beam Inspection.
- Assist with coordination with contractors with stationary equipment install and relocation.
- Precision Measuring Equipment Testing (PMET) Calibration:
- Force, Temperature, Dimensional, Flow, Pressure.
- Calibration Schedule Coordination Internal and External for PMET Items:
- Calibration Standards and Supporting Documentation.
- Process new Calibrated Tooling for which Department 589 is the check shop.
- Document specifications of the tooling supported, establish or write calibration procedures, make required entries in the PMET program and establish record in Maintenance Connection.
- Certification documentation and tagging.
- Lock Out Program:
- Record and verify lock out procedures with internal database.
- TPM program:
- Assist owning shops with TPM development, perform all annual TPM checks.
On-site Calibration Lab that supports Delta TechOps system-wide with an average 5 day turn-time. Highly diverse and experienced staff on-site to support repair and/or modification of TechOps machinery and equipment quickly and safely. Able to maintain an average return to service time of less than 5 hours on often aged or obsolete equipment. Flexible workforce is able to coordinate and assist with complex equipment moves and/or repair outside normal work hours to minimize out of service time on high volume equipment.